Thursday, September 13, 2012

Fashion in my Eyes!



Beauty of Color
Fashion In My  Eyes





                Fashion is my drug, my addiction, my sinful pleasure. LOL! Some people enjoy milk chocolate as their delicacy of choice, but personally, I prefer a new cheetah print chiffon blouse rubbing against my skin. It’s almost Pleasuring. I mean, I have the chance to just wake up and express how I’m feeling that very day without even having to say a word to anyone.  It doesn’t get any more liberating than that. Fashion is Freedom, Fashion is Artistic, Fashion is Creative and Fashion is everything but SILENT! Fashion is LOUD and POWERFUL! The thought of being able to wear what I want and not have to deal with anyone taking that from me is DOWN RIGHT therapeutic.


Generations have changed the world we see today and Oh! Believe me, they are the reason why Fashion too has evolved in the way that it has. Close your eyes for a second and picture these eras in fashion and the impact that they had in the world and the freedom of individuality they promoted. The 1970's were a time of not just peace, but also bell bottom pants, Supa High Afros, funky colored shirts with wide arms, knee length go-go boots were the "IT" things. In today's generation it's all about whose pants are tighter in the relationship or boot-cut and straight leg jeans? If bell bottoms are still around, they have definatelty been wasting away on the "Clearance Rack." The Millenium paved the way for extravagence and OVER THE TOP Style. Fashion no longer wanted to be mediocore. Fashion Screamed metallics, bronzes, leopard, hot pink bows in the hair, dark under eye makeup, intricate patterning in pencil skirts. Fashion wanted to be noticed and the timing could not have been more perfect!! The millenium brought Fashion back to LIFE!!!!
 
 The saying, "The darker the berry, the sweeter the juice," coincides well with my concept of fashion. Trends come and go, they never really stick or last more than a blink of an eye. So, let's be serious here for a second, we all have done our fair share of commiting felonies and crimes. Okay, just a second, I'm talking Fashion "oopsies or flops!" At the time, everyone does it, wears it, promotes it, what ever the scenario may be, but we some how take part in the trend even if it doesn't speak much about who we are. Soon enough, we get bored of being something we aren't and then we go back to expressing ourselves how we know best, through our personal style. What I'm trying to say is that, we all make mistakes when it comes to fashion and what trends to follow but like the berry, it takes time to develop our own level of "GREAT FASHION SENSE!" We are our own family victims! so developing a better sense of what your style is, will help you create a style portfolio worth reliving every time you open it.
 
 


1 comment:

  1. I love your blog about fashion its very colorful and very informative. I'm big on fashion when it comes to my weekends since at work we have to be covered head to toe so when its Friday that's when i show my true colors from animal print to stilettos. The fashion has definitely changed over the years and some people are still stuck on the clothing from way back and if we really look at our fashion now a days it goes with what they use to wear but we have updated it a bit much. Keep up the good work cant wait to read next weeks blog.

    ReplyDelete